Centro San Vicente (CSV) (http://sanvicente.org/) is a federally-qualified community health center. CSV provides a comprehensive range of health services that ensure quality, compassionate, accessible healthcare and peace of mind in an atmosphere of respect, dignity, and cultural sensitivity. The health and well-being of patients and community alike are promoted through direct services, training, education, outreach, and advocacy. We are fully committed to our patients' physical, emotional, and spiritual well being and will not turn a patient away regardless of their ability to pay.
We aspire to be the best collaborative caregiver model that blends both community and faith based approaches in delivering primary healthcare. As an organization, we build a care model that excels in providing quality service
- Service of the Poor -- generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence -- respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity -- inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom -- integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity -- courageous innovation
- Dedication -- affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Primary Care Services:
- Adult Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Opportunity Center/San Elizario Rural Clinic: The resident will have the opportunity to work with our homeless population and rural population. We have a homeless center located in downtown El Paso. The second clinic is located in rural San Elizario.
- Behavioral Health: Services include direct diagnosis, treatment, referral, and follow up to patients of all ages, as well as families. Our mental health providers consult regularly with the physicians, pharmacists, and the resident to coordinate care and drug management.
- Health Education/Promotoras: The Health Educators and promotoras provide a variety of classes in different disease states, wellness fairs, aid in research studies, and provide one-on-one education. The resident will work with the health education department with teaching and wellness promotion.
- Dental Care: CSV's Dental Clinical provides emergency, restorative, and preventive care for all ages. The resident has the opportunity to work with the dental staff in wellness prevention and drug formulary.
Clinical Pharmacy Services:
The resident will provide patient care that optimizes medication therapy and promotes health, wellness, and disease prevention. Together with providers at CSV, the resident will help manage chronic disease states utilizing in depth knowledge of medications and application of evidence-based therapeutic guidelines. The resident works under an adult collaborative practice agreement (protocol) in the state of Texas. This agreement authorizes prescriptive authority for:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Heart Failure
- Thyroid Disorders
- Smoking Cessation
- General Depression
Margie E. Padilla, PharmD, CDE
Trulize Hernandez, RPh, Pharmacist-in-Charge (Staffing, Administration); Ana Weigart, PharmD (Medication Therapy Management, Staffing)