6th Annual Miner Dash
Kick off UTEP’s Homecoming festivities at the 6th Annual Miner Dash 5K Run/3K Walk and Family Fitness Fiesta from 8 a.m. to noon Sunday, Sept. 27, 2015 at Kidd Field.
Hosted on The University of Texas at El Paso campus, the Miner Dash is a fantastic time for Miner fans of all ages to showcase their commitment to a lifetime of health and fitness.
This year’s event features a wheelchair division. Also new this year is the Family Fitness Fiesta. Enjoy fun activities for the whole family.
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Simulated Bicycling Challenge
- Bungee Jumping
- Tricycle Track for Toddlers
- Inflatable obstacle course
- Zumba and Yoga
Participate in the Passport to Fitness challenge. Finish 6 out of 10 physical activities and become eligible for a prize drawing. Activities include a rock-climbing wall, simulated bicycling challenge, Zumba, yoga, nutrition workshop, a push-up challenge, plank challenge, spin cycle challenge, and stadium-step challenge.
Food trucks also will be available.
Registration for the Family Fitness Fiesta is $5. Run/walk competitors will receive a Miner Dash T-shirt and admission into the Family Fitness Fiesta.
Route will be on the UTEP campus. Participants will be divided into different age groups: 9 and under, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over. Trophies will be awarded for the 5K run’s overall winner, male and female. Gold, silver and bronze will be given to the first three place winners in each age group. The 3K walk is noncompetitive.
Miner Dash Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 26
- Early packet pick-up from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26, at the Mike Loya Building on the corner of Schuster and Hawthorne.
Sunday, Sept. 27 at Kidd Field
- 7 – 7:45 a.m. packet pick-up before the race
- 8 a.m. 5K Run/3K walk starts.
- 9 a.m. Family Fitness Fiesta and Passport to Fitness starts.
- 9 a.m. Miner Dash winners will be announced
- 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Passport to Fitness Prize Drawings
Miner Dash proceeds will benefit UTEP’s College of Health Sciences Programs.